Inspired English 1
This series will help you meet the demands of the Australian Curriculum while enriching your students’ experience in the English classroom.
The teacher books provide:
- contextual information
- a rationale and guidance for teaching English using visual media
- comprehensive lesson plans and activities
- a wealth of supporting resources online, including digital versions of the works of art for display on the interactive whiteboard.
Written by Susie May and Purnima Ruanglertbutr, who both deliver 'English as Art' visual literacy workshops to thousands of students at the NGV each year, the lesson plans are based on tried and tested techniques.
Projects in Book 1:
- Collins St, 5p.m., John Brack. Writing focus: Descriptive writing
- Explosion, Howard Arkley. Writing focus: Language of popular culture
- Pine with cranes dancing in the snow, dance in motion, Kim Hoa Tram. Writing focus: Short forms of poetry
- groundspeed (red piazza) #2, Rosemary Laing . Writing focus: the art of storytelling/contemporary issues
- Self-portrait no. 9, Andy Warhol, and Federation Series: 1901-2001, Julie Dowling. Writing focus: writing about identity
Year Level: 7, 8