Inspired English 2
This series will help you meet the demands of the Australian Curriculum while enriching your students’ experience in the English classroom.
The teacher books provide:
- contextual information
- a rationale and guidance for teaching English using visual media
- comprehensive lesson plans and activities
Written by Susie May and Purnima Ruanglertbutr, who both deliver 'English as Art' visual literacy workshops to thousands of students at the NGV each year, the lesson plans are based on tried and tested techniques. This series will give you everything you need to put these fabulous images to use in your English classroom and harness the power of great art to truly inspire your students.
Projects in Book 2:
- Weeping Woman, Pablo Picasso. Writing focus: writing about war/multiple perspectives
- Not willing to suffocate, Yhonnie Scarce. Writing focus: exploring issues
- The first cloud, William Quiller Orchardson. Writing focus: imaginative writing
- Holi Festival on Rang Bhari Ekadashi, Vrindavan, Robyn Beeche. Writing focus: myth in cultural context
- The Banquet of Cleopatra, Giambattista Tiepolo. Writing focus: writing texts in context
Year Level: 9, 10